What We Do
The mission of the Southern Ute Growth Fund Safety and Environmental Compliance Management Group
(SECMG) is to ensure that all operations are conducted in a safe and environmentally conscientious
manner and to achieve full compliance with existing safety and environmental laws, rules, regulations and
SECMG helps SUIT Growth Fund businesses by:
- Conducting periodic compliance audits of existing operations to ensure compliance with permit stipulations, conditions of approval and regulations.
- Responding in a respectful, courteous and timely fashion to all Tribal members and public complaints regarding operations.
- Establishing and maintaining a proactive approach in developing required safety and environmental permits, monitoring and incident reports, and other compliance-related documents.
- Developing policies, guidelines and operating procedures to further define safety and environmental standards for Growth Fund enterprise operations and personnel.
- Maintaining open and frequent communications with Tribal government and other regulatory agency personnel.
- Monitoring federal and state rulemaking changes and ensuring compliance with revised regulations.
- Researching and developing “Best Management Practices” and “Best Technology Currently Available” for implementation at operations.
- Providing safety and environmental technical assistance, support and training to Growth Fund enterprise personnel.